A retired employee is defined as a former employee who is receiving a retirement benefit immediately following the date of separation from an Arizona university-sponsored retirement program. See also:
• Retiree FAQ page
• roadahead.arizona.edu (insurance, retirement funds, and campus benefits).
Finding Former Colleagues
Use the UA on-line phone book to find former colleagues (click on arizona.edu/phonebook).
Benefit examples (for all UA retirees meeting the UA definition are:
- FREE ZONE-ONE PARKING PERMIT (you must apply) - see Parking and Transportation Services for more information.
- CAT CARD - used for on-campus discounts at museums, bookstore, athletic events, library
- NET ID - for access to library and other campus information technology sources.
- EMAIL (accounts, forwarding, storage). You retain your email name and Net ID - this is automatic when you officially retire and you do not have to make a special request.
- CAMPUS RECREATION CENTER MEMBERSHIP (at employee rates)
- QUALIFIED TUITION REDUCTION PROGRAM for retiree and qualified dependents. For detailed information, go here.
Additional BENEFITS of being a UARA member include:
- attending seminars regarding items of interest (topics have included the economy, insider's view of KUAT Desert Speaks, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, diet, senior scams, etc.)
- attending three annual luncheons at different venues (includes guest speakers)
- receiving Newsletters with information of interest, such as medical and retirement benefit changes, legislative updates
- meeting other retirees, with lively discussions during luncheons and/or other meetings
- participating in interest groups
- attending Advisory Council meetings (includes guest speakers and discussion) - see the "About Us" tab at top of any page.