A retired employee is defined as a former employee who is receiving a retirement benefit immediately following the date of separation from an Arizona university-sponsored retirement program. See also:
• Retiree FAQ page
• roadahead.arizona.edu (insurance, retirement funds, and campus benefits).
Finding Former Colleagues
Use the UA on-line phone book to find former colleagues (click on arizona.edu/phonebook).
Benefit examples (for all UA retirees meeting the UA definition are:
- FREE ZONE-ONE PARKING PERMIT (you must apply) - see Parking and Transportation Services for more information.
- CAT CARD - used for on-campus discounts at museums, bookstore, athletic events, library
- NET ID - for access to library and other campus information technology sources.
- EMAIL (accounts, forwarding, storage). You retain your email name and Net ID - this is automatic when you officially retire and you do not have to make a special request.
- CAMPUS RECREATION CENTER MEMBERSHIP (at employee rates)
- QUALIFIED TUITION REDUCTION PROGRAM for retiree and qualified dependents. For detailed information, go here.
Additional BENEFITS of being a UARA member include:
- attending special eminars when scheduled (topics have included economy, insider's view of KUAT Desert Speaks, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, diet, senior scams, valley fever, and much more)
- attending four annual luncheons at different up-scale venues (may include guest speaker)
- receiving Newsletters with information of interest, such as medical and retirement benefit changes, legislative updates, activities and events on and off campus.
- meeting other retirees at luncheons and seminars
- participating in interest groups
- attending Council meetings (sometimes includes guest speakers) for discussion - see the "About Us" tab at top of any page.