University of Arizona
Retired Faculty, Appointed Professionals,
Classified Staff, and Administrators
Kathi Hart, Office Manager
University of Arizona
1717 East Speedway, Room 3105
Tucson, Arizona 85721
Note: The Babcock building is immediately east of McDonald's. Parking with a Zone 1 permit is available.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 42391, Tucson AZ 85733
Office Hours: Monday 9:00AM-1:00PM, and Tuesday Noon-4:00PM
Cell phone: 520-982-7813 (call anytime)
UARA Executive Committee, 2016-2017
- Bob Perrill - President
- Felicia Hermann - Secretary
- Rose Perrill - Treasurer
Activities - Mark Your Calendar, and Join Us!
Go Bat Cats, Friday, May 5
Join us for the fifth annual UARA Day at the Ballpark. Cheer for the Wildcats as they take on Washington at Hi Corbett Field on Friday, May 5, at 7:00 p.m. No reservations needed; just purchase general admission tickets at the door. Cost is $5.00 for seniors, and $8.00 for others. Traditional stadium food — beer, hot dogs and chips — will be available.
In his first year, Head Coach, Jay Johnson, led the Bat Cats to a 49-24 record and they became regional and super regional champions in the College World Series. Their season ended in the championship game. After the season they were ranked number 2 in the country by the top five polls.
The stadium is in-between Broadway and 22nd Street, at 3400 N. Camino Campestre. Enter on Randolph Way south from Broadway or north on 22nd Street, about halfway between Country Club and Alvernon Way. Parking is free. We will meet in sections F or G. Look for the red and white umbrella. If you can’t find us, call Trudy Jacobson at 982-7813.
Habitat for Huanity Volunteer Day, Tuesday, May 16
Help us help Habitat For Humanity! We will be meeting them at their site, 3501 N. Mountain Avenue, just south of Prince Road, on Tuesday, May 16, at 6:30 a.m. Work should be done by noon but you can leave earlier if need be. There are jobs for all abilities and ages (the oldest volunteer is 83). Contact the UARA office by May 9 so they will know how many will attend. Please call 626-6936, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a volunteer waiver form and information packet. Please bring the waiver form with you to the site. There are several houses in various stages of construction. Other volunteers will be joining us and jobs will be assigned based on interest and ability. This is a great public outreach for UARA and an opportunity to help Habitat for Humanity and the Tucson community.
- Spring - Thursday, April 6, 2017 - Lodge on the Desert, Palm Room. Guest Speaker: Dr. Celestino Fernández, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Sociology and UARA member. Topic: “Happiness in Life and Retirement” (RSVP postcard mailed).
- Fall - Thursday, October 19, 2017 - Hacienda del Sol, Casa Feliz Banquet Room. Guest Speaker, Kenney Hegland, James E. Rogers Professor of Law, Emeritus, UARA member. (RSVP in October Newsletter.)
- "New" SUMMER - "Getting to Know You" Thursday, July 20, 2017 - Dragon's View Restaurant. No speaker. (RSVP postcard will be mailed early July.)
- Winter Buffet - Thursday, January 25, 2018 - Tanque Verde Ranch, Kiva Dining Room. No speaker.
- Spring - Thursday, April 5 2018 - Radisson Hotel, Catalina II Banquet Room. Guest spealer, tba.
- Fall - Thursday, October 18 or 25 - TBA
Schedule and Location for UARA Advisory Council Meetings, 2016-2017
UARA members are welcome at Advisory Council (AC) meetings. We encourage all members to attend. Guests are welcome too. AC meetings are held at the Habitat for Humanity facility, located at 3501 N. Mountain Avenue, just south of Prince Road. Ample, free parking is available in the Habitat lot, or on East Greenlee Road, immediately south of the building. Meetings start at 10:00 a.m. through Noon. Light refreshments. We hope to see you there!
A/C meetings are Tuesdays:
- April 11th, 2017, 8:30a.m. - Noon
- May 9th, 10 a.m. to Noon
Next UA Retiree News to be delivered early-April
Newsletter Team -
UARA Trolly Tour: Photo courtesy of Florence Monton, UA Parking and Transportation Services