classified staff, and administrators
Announcements, Meetings, Lunches, Events
Tour of the Bryant Bannister Tree Ring Lab and optional Lunch at Bear Down Kitchen
- Tour of the Bryant Bannister Tree Ring Lab
Come join us on 11/12/14 from 10 - 12 AM at the Tree Ring Laboratory - we'll meet in the lobby. Learn about dendrochronology and climate science and see the huge slice of a 2,700+ year old Giant Sequoia, plus many other tree ring samples. Dendrochronology, the science of tree ring dating, was created by U of A astronomer, Andrew E. Douglas.
THE TOUR: It's free! Elevators are available for use during the tour.
PARKING: Available in the Sixth Street Garage (including handicapped parking), which is south-west from the Tree Ring Lab plus there are metered handicapped slots by Campus Health. It is very easy to drop people off in the round-about between the Sixth Street Garage and the Tree Ring Lab.
- Lunch at Bear Down Kitchen - (optional)
The Bear Down Kitchen is on the fourth floor of the Lowell-Stevens Football Complex on the north end of the stadium. It has awesome views of the stadium and campus. We will try to arrive around 12:15 or whenever the Tree Ring Lab tour is over. Lunch is buffet style, including a salad bar, for $12.50 plus tax.
Please make your reservation for one or both of the events above by November 5th, with Trudy Jacobson at email@example.com or call or text her at 520-982-7813. Also, let her know if you have any special needs.
- New Schedule for UARA Advisory Council meeting for 2014-2015.
This year we will meet on Tuesdays in Room 2343 of UAMC (UA Medical Center) from 9:00-11:00 am. There is a Zone 1 parking lot southeast of the building (at Helen and Campbell). Zone 1 allows free parking for retirees if you have your current free permit from Parking and Transportation. Refreshments will be served. The room is in the Hospital Administration area, ground floor and at the south end of the hospital (just as the College of Medicine building joins the hospital. Take the small corridor just north of the St Lukes Clinic. The six meetings for this year are scheduled on:
- October 14, 2014
- November 18, 2014
- January 13, 2015
- February 10, 2015
- March 10, 2015
- April 14, 2015
These meetings will focus on the 2014-2015 Goals & Objectives and are open to all members. Your ideas, comments, and concerns could stimulate discussions and suggestions for current and future solutions to various issues.
- UARA FALL EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR "Navigating the Health Care System as We Age” - Friday, November 14, 2014. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00. p.m. at Tucson Medical Center Senior Services at the El Dorado Campus,1400 North Wilmot Road, Senior Services Classroom. Expert panelists will present vital information concerning the issues, regulations, and problems encountered when the elderly are faced with the need for ongoing recovery care following hospital discharge whether at home or in an extended care or rehabilitation setting. A question and answer period will follow. To see details and a map, select this link.
UARA Fall 2014 Luncheon
- October 23, 2014, Hacienda del Sol (Casa Feliz Room), 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Road. Speaker will be UA Senior Vice President for University Relations and Chief Marketing Officer, Teri Lucie Thompson. $25 per person, plated lunch. RSVP form and driving directions will be in the Fall UA Retiree News (mid-September) and will also be available on this site to print out and mail in with your check. Click here to print a reservation form.
- UARA Winter 2015 Luncheon. Thursday, January 29, 2015, noon, Tanque Verde Ranch, 14301 E. Speedway. $25 per person, buffet and dessert bar. RSVP form will be in the Winter UA Retiree News (early January).
- UARA Spring 2015 Luncheon. Thursday, March 26, 2015, Lodge on the Desert, 306 N. Alvernon Way (East side of Alvernon between E. Broadway and E. 5th St.) $25 per person, plated lunch. RSVP form will be on a postcard sent early in March.