classified staff, and administrators
Announcements, Meetings, Lunches
Note: There is a tab above for "Events" - as UARA events are scheduled they will be placed there. Current and previous newsletters are available by the newsletter link (left column).
- Spring 2014 Ballot results for 2014-15 officers are:
-- Rose Perrill (President)
-- Ruth Eskesen (President-Elect)
-- Nancy Shiley (Secretary)
-- Tom Rehm (Treasurer)
- New Schedule for UARA Advisory Council meeting for 2014-2015.
This year we will meet on Tuesdays in Room 2343 of UAMC (UA Medical Center) from 9:00-11:00 am. There is a Zone 1 parking lot southeast of the building (at Helen and Campbell). Zone 1 allows free parking for retirees if you have your current free permit from Parking and Transportation. Refreshments will be served. The room is in the Hospital Administration area, ground floor and at the south end of the hospital (just as the College of Medicine building joins the hospital. Take the small corridor just north of the St Lukes Clinic. The six meetings for this year are scheduled on:
- October 14, 2014
- November 18, 2014
- January 13, 2015
- February 10, 2015
- March 10, 2015
- April 14, 2015
These meetings will focus on the 2014-2015 Goals & Objectives and are open to all members. Your ideas, comments, and concerns could stimulate discussions and suggestions for current and future solutions to various issues.
- UARA FALL EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR "Navigating the Health Care System as We Age” - Friday, November 14, 2014. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00. p.m. at Tucson Medical Center Senior Services at the El Dorado Campus,1400 North Wilmot Road, Senior Services Classroom. Expert panelists will present vital information concerning the issues, regulations, and problems encountered when the elderly are faced with the need for ongoing recovery care following hospital discharge whether at home or in an extended care or rehabilitation setting. A question and answer period will follow. To see details and a map, select this link.
UARA Fall 2014 Luncheon
- October 23, 2014, Hacienda del Sol (Casa Feliz Room), 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Road. Speaker will be UA Senior Vice President for University Relations and Chief Marketing Officer, Teri Lucie Thompson. $25 per person, plated lunch. RSVP form and driving directions will be in the Fall UA Retiree News (mid-September) and will also be available on this site to print out and mail in with your check. Click here to print a reservation form.
- UARA Winter 2015 Luncheon. Thursday, January 29, 2015, noon, Tanque Verde Ranch, 14301 E. Speedway. $25 per person, buffet and dessert bar. RSVP form will be in the Winter UA Retiree News (early January).
- UARA Spring 2015 Luncheon. Thursday, March 26, 2015, Lodge on the Desert, 306 N. Alvernon Way (East side of Alvernon between E. Broadway and E. 5th St.) $25 per person, plated lunch. RSVP form will be on a postcard sent early in March.