A ballot will be included in the Spring newsletter for bylaws changes and election of officers
Announcements, Meetings, Lunches, Events
Organized Sports Events:
Sunday, February 8, 3:00 p.m. at McKale Center. Reserved seats are $7.00 each. Mail checks to the UARA office, payable to UARA by Tuesday, January 27. Tickets can be mailed, picked up at the UARA office, or at "will call" at the box office on game day.
UARA Day at the Ballpark. Sunday, May 10 (time to be arranged), High Corbett Field. General Admission seats are $4.00, with no limit on the number purchased. More information will be printed in the spring newsletter.
Streetcar Tour Planned for March 16 (Monday, first day of spring break).
Meet at 10:00 at the "Poet" streetcar stop at the corner of Helen and Warren (just north of the Wels Fargo Bank, near the Babcock Building. You can park in the AHSE parking lot on Helen adn Campbell (that is a Zone 1 lot). The cost for the full day streetcar pass is $4.00 and we will purchase the tickets at the stop (machine accepts cash adn charge cards). Please contact Trudy at the UARA office if you are interested in attending.
New Schedule for UARA Advisory Council meeting for 2014-2015.
- October 14, 2014 (University Health Sciences Center 9:00-11:00)
- November 18, 2014 (University Health Sciences Center 9:00-11:00)
- January 13, 2015 (University Health SciencesCenter 9:00-11:00)
- February 10, 2015 (Himmel Park Library 10:00-11:30) - note change of time at new location.
- March 10, 2015 (Himmel Park Library 10:00-11:30)
- April 14, 2015 (Himmel Park Library 10:00-11:30)
UARA Educational Seminar "Guarding Your Wallet: Preventing Scams, Fraud and Financial Exploitation"
Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:00 a.m. - 12:00. p.m. at Tucson Medical Center Senior Services at the El Dorado Campus,1400 North Wilmot Road, Senior Services Classroom. Experts from the criminal justice system will provide examples of schemes, what to look for and tips to protect yourself. To see metting details and a map, select this link. Registraton is required at TMC Senior Services reservation line (520-324-4345).
Scheduled Lunches for Remainder of 2015
- UARA Spring 2015 Luncheon. Thursday, March 26, 2015, Lodge on the Desert, 306 N. Alvernon Way (East side of Alvernon between E. Broadway and E. 5th St.) $25 per person, plated lunch (three-course meal). RSVP form will be on a postcard sent early in March (and is available here). Note: this luncheon will celebrate the 35th year of UARA. The guest speaker will be Dr. John P. Schaefer, who was president of the University of Arizona when UARA was formed. It is partly due to his support that we have a UARA today.
- UARA Fall 2015 Luncheon - A Special Treat. October 22, 2015 at UA campus Old Main "Silver & Sage" room. Details and speaker, TBA.
Reminder: Current and past issues of the UARA Newsletter are posted on this website. Select "newsletters" from the menu on page left.